Privacy policies on websites typically include tons of legal jargon about cookies, pirates, and third party marketing affiliations. We’re going to get to that. Because, if you’re on this page, I’m sure you’re not looking for our preference of chocolate chip or peanut butter, the first step to painting a pirate mural, or how we can stay awake for a third party after the first two. That’s too much partying.
You’re probably looking for legal jargon about computer and customer privacy and how this website and our company handles that information.
Our Priority – The Privacy of Your Home
Like Warren Buffett said, “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it.”
Info we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons.
Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We might send emails about services or special offers which may benefit you or a friend you’d like to refer us to.
- We won’t contact you about market research. In the custom interior paint market, we let the big paint companies do the market research on painting trends, then we might blog about new colors, color ideas and new painting techniques as we think they’ll benefit our client base. Check it out and subscribe if you’d like 🙂
- If we feel like your home will benefit from these interior paint ideas, we may contact you by email or phone or to see if you’d like a touch up your custom mural, faux finished painted wall, faux stone painted room, or custom interior painting job we did for you in the past. You never know when kids are going to chuck footballs in the house or you’re simply ready for a fresh new color.
- We may use your information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In a nutshell, we have strong passwords, don’t store credit card information and primarily whip brushes rather than whip tech guys and gals. We’ll probably store your name and number in our phones so we can get a hold of you when we need to.
We eat them? No, seriously.
A cookie is a small file that is saved on your computer hard drive. Once the file is added the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies are delicious and allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. Every website sets cookies. You really don’t want to block all cookies. That would make online life harder. Cookies remember things, but don’t reveal personal information. Web applications can tailor their operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use Google Analytics cookies to identify which pages are most appreciated. Cookies can help us provide you with a better experience on our website, by enabling us to see the pages you find useful. A cookie doesn’t give us access to your computer or any information about you. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your settings to decline cookies if you’d like. But, blocking them completely would prevent you from taking full advantage of the websites you visit.
Links to other websites
We link to other websites. No big whoop. We paint houses and might find some cool links to relevant websites we want to share with you. These legal pages are kinda crazy, right? We’re just editing some content attorneys recommended. While we can spice up an attorney’s home, we don’t really see a need to explain the legalities about linking our website to another website. Just saying. What are you waiting for? Call us so we can paint your home?
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you’re asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box to indicate you don’t want your information used by anyone for direct marketing purposes. Yep, not us. We’re not going to farm your info out. Period. Not going to happen.
- If you’ve agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us. Yeah, we’re really not that organized. If we decide to send mailers or an email to you trying to sell you on us painting another room, you’ll definitely have a link at the bottom of the email to unsubscribe. We don’t foresee this in the near future (as of 12/14/2016), but we might start an email list. At that point, please just forward the email to the last person who complimented the job we did for you. And if you don’t want to receive them anymore, just click to unsubscribe. We’ll probably use a service like Mail Chimp.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, but please don’t make us spend time on it. We might just send you a screen shot of your address file. We paint really cool walls and we’re a business for profit, but we don’t have the bandwidth for updating our clients on the info we have on them and you probably don’t care anyway. This is all for legalities, as the web guy says. As a general rule, we probably have your phone number and hopefully your name. To request data we have on you, a small fee will be payable. If you’d like a copy of the information please contact us. If you believe any information is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. And feel free to call us about anything non-legal 😉
To Opt-Out Of Future Communications
If you do not want to receive further communication from HouseArt Vegas you may contact us at the address below or email us via the contact form. If we send an email with an unsubscribe link, probably from Mail Chimp, that will be the way to stop receiving emails from us. But, who would want to stop receiving emails about custom interior paint in Las Vegas? Ha! Nobody here 🙂
HouseArt Custom Painting & Art
1877 Avacado Court
Henderson, NV 89014